🎥 Video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/05k2Hzgg0Wo
👉 In order to add xDai RPC to your MetaMask, please follow the instructions bellow.
You can go to https://chainlist.org/ and search for xDai and click "add to MetaMask", or follow the steps below:
1) Open Metamask, and select "Custom RPC" from the Network Dropdown.
2) In the "Custom RPC" Settings, add in the xDai network details and click Save:
- Network Name: xDai
- New RPC URL: https://rpc.xdaichain.com/
- Chain ID: 0x64 (100)
- Symbol: xDai
- Block Explorer URL: https://blockscout.com/xdai/mainnet
Note: MetaMask recently updated the ChainID to be a required field. When you update, you may need to reenter the chain id 100, and it will be converted to a hexidecimal: 0x64.
If you are having issues, try entering 100 for Chain ID and resaving the configuration.
👉 In order to use pay for transactions on xDai network, you need to acquire Dai on Ethereum mainnet and move the Dai to xDai using the xDai Bridge: https://dai-bridge.poa.network/
ETH is the native currency for the Ethereum Mainnet, which is used for gas. xDai is the native coin for the xDai chain, which is used to process transactions. In order to use the xDai network, you have to convert Dai on Ethereum mainnet to native xDai using the xDai Bridge: https://dai-bridge.poa.network/
1) Acquire Dai on Ethereum mainnet via any centralized exchange service or DEX service (1inch, or Uniswap), and deposit the Dai in your ETH wallet on MetaMask.
2) After acquiring the Dai into your ETH wallet, use the xDai Bridge to move the Dai to xDai and converting it into the native xDai network token. This is used as gas to process transactions. Use the bridge to move Dai on mainnet to xDai here: https://dai-bridge.poa.network/
👉 In order to use wETH on xDai, you have to first buy wETH on ETH mainnet then move wETH (wrapped ETH) from mainnet to xDai using the xDai Omnibridge: https://xdai-omnibridge.web.app/1) ETH needs to be converted into wETH first on Uniswap or Radar Relay (https://relay.radar.tech/).
|‼️‼️ IMPORTANT: You have to add the wETH contract to MetaMask when you're connected to xDAI Network: 0x6A023CCd1ff6F2045C3309768eAd9E68F978f6e1|
👉 If you want to bridge tokens from ETH mainnet to xDai network, or xDai network to ETH mainnet, use the xDai OmniBridge: https://xdai-omnibridge.web.app/
1) In order to move ERC-20 tokens from ETH mainnet to xDai network, you can use the xDai OmniBridge. https://xdai-omnibridge.web.app/
NOTE: Bridging DAI on Ethereum to DAI on xDai using the OmniBridge, DOES NOT mint native xDai, you have to use xDai Bridge (https://dai-bridge.poa.network/).